Pineapple upside down cake recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tbsp pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 6 cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins with oil or butter.
2. In a bowl, add eggs, white sugar, and pineapple juice. Beat for 2 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a sauce pan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Stir on low heat for one minute.
1. Spoon a layer of the warm brown sugar mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin, then place a pineapple ring on top. Add a cherry in the middle of each pineapple.
2. Pour cake mixture over to fill muffin tin 3/4 of the way full.
3. Bake cakes for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven. Let cool in pan for 3 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each cake to help loosen in case it sticks a little. 5. Place a wire cooling rack on top, and quickly flip over on top of sheet tray to catch extra drippings.