• 1 cup yogurt
• Oil for deep frying
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 cup water
• Few strands saffron/saffron powder
• 1/4 tsp cardamom powder/ essence
• 2 drops orange food color (optional)
• 2 tbsp rose water
1. Sift flour and baking powder 3-4 times through sieve.
2. In a separate bowl, mix food color, saffron and yogurt.
3. Now mix yogurt mixture into sifted flour and baking powder. Use warm water
(if need). Put aside this batter for 1-2 hours.
4. Place a pan with 2 cup water, rose water and sugar on the stove. Cook it till sugar
melts and it changes to sticky golden syrup. Turn off stove and add cardamom
powder/essence and stir it for a few minutes.
5. In another pan, heat oil for wok frying.
6. Pour batter in a ketchup dispenser.
7. Squeeze batter from dispenser over the heated oil in coiled circles. Do this randomly to make a thick coil. Fry till light golden.
8. Remove it from oil and put it directly into the golden syrup.
9. Soak it into the syrup for approximately 5 minutes then remove and place it in a dry serving dish.