how to make German Style Eiskaffee (Iced Coffee Drink)
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, good quality
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, chilled,to taste
- 1/2 cup whipped cream, sweetened,to taste
- 1 teaspoon grated sweet chocolate, to garnish,approximately
- 1 fancy wafer cookies (in a cylander or a heart shape)
1- Place ice cream scoop into a decorative tall clear glass.
2- Add coffee to fill glass 1/2-3/4 full (amount will vary based on size of glass).
3- Completely cover with a mountain of sweetened whipped cream (use the canned kind or a decorating bag to make decorative swirls)- the whipped cream should be plentiful and just start to peak over the top of the glass rim.
4- Sprinkle with freshly grated good quality chocolate.
5- Stick a wafer cookie into the whipped cream off to the side.
6- Serve with some sugar on the side (for those who want to add more sweetness- although the ice cream and the whipped cream pretty much cover this), a long spoon, and a straw.