• ½ cup (50 g) of unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2/3 cup (150 ml) of heavy cream
• 2 tsp (15 g) of glucose syrup
• less than 1 cup (160 g) of white sugar • 2 cups (500 ml) of fresh whole milk
• ½ cup (120 g) of egg yolks
• less than1 tbsp (5 g) of carob powder
1-In a saucepan, pour the milk... the heavy cream... the glucose syrup... and let it melt, without bringing to a boil.
2- Now we'll use the carob powder, that is a thickener which can be bought at health food stores or pharmacy; anyway, if you can't find it, you can omit this ingredient, so sift it... over a bowl... add the sugar... the egg yolks... and now beat to blend the ingredients.
3- Pour the sugar and egg mixture into the milk and bring to 185° degrees Fahrenheit (85°C).
4- When you reach the right temperature, remove the mixture from the heat and add the sifted unsweetened cocoa powder. Beat with a whisk, after that place in a bowl of water and ice to drop the temperature. When the mixture is cold, put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
5- Now pour the ice cream into the ice cream maker... and let it run until thick and creamy.
6- The ice cream is ready, now transfer to a food container with lid.. and keep in the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.