Benefits and uses of Apple:
One large apple supplies almost 30% of minimum amount of fiber that should be consumed daily Apples are low in calories; contain no saturated fats or cholesterol, but rich in dietary fiber which helps prevent absorption of dietary LDL cholesterol in the gut. The dietary fibers also help protect the mucous membrane of the colon from exposure to toxic substances by binding to cancer causing chemicals in the colon. Apple fruit contains good quantities of vitamin C and beta carotene. Vitamin C is a powerful natural antioxidant. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin C helps body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful, pro-inflammatory free radicals from the body. The fruit is a good source of B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin and pyridoxine (vitamin B-6). Apple also contains small amount of minerals like potassium and calcium. Potassium in an important component of cell and body fluids helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure; thus counters the bad influences of sodium. It also have flavonoid antioxidants, including catechins and quercetin, to add to their beneficial potency. Apples are rich in antioxidant phyto-nutrients flavonoids and polyphenols. The important flavonoids in apples are quercetin, epicatechin, and procyanidin B2. Apples are also good in tartaric acid that gives tart flavor to them. These compounds help body protect from deleterious effects of free radicals.
- Grated apple, when mixed with live yogurt sometimes helpful in cases of diarrhea .
- Green apple are good for strong bones,aid in vision,anti cancer properties.
- Apple cleans teeth and strengthens gum.
- It also detoxify the body and has an antiviral property.
- Apple will also prevent constipation because it helps digestion of food.
- For people who suffer from gout and rheumatism, eat apple regularly.
- Most important fact is, eating 2 apples a day will reduce your cholesterol level up to 10 %.
- Vitamin C 10 mg
- Vitamin E 0,6 mg
- Calories 47
- Fiber 1,8 g
- Potassium 120 mg