|green coffee beans|
Dr Martin Vreugdenhiland his team (University of Birmingham), discovered: "Some people can't get started without a cup of coffee others need a shot of Red Bull to keep going. Caffeine is by far the most widely used psychoactive drug."
There is another reason that gamma waves are involved in higher mental activity. It has been suggested that gamma waves are associated with solving the binding problem. "Research has shown that it increases alertness, cortical activity and speeds up information processing." Dr Vreugdenhil said drinking coffee on a regular basis could increase gamma rhythms up to three-fold because of the way caffeine was concentrated in the brain. However, he pointed out that too much coffee could have adverse health effects like Sleep problems and effects on the heart and blood system.
Coffee and Anti Aging:
New discovery about coffee beans is its anti aging effect. It is not all kinds of coffee beans but only green coffee beans are blessed with such health benefits. An extract of green coffee beans has been found to have a stronger antioxidant effect than established antioxidants like green tea and grape seed extract. There is a compound in the coffee called chlorogenic acid. This active constituent in coffee is good for health. Chlorogenic acid helps regulate metabolism. Compared to green tea and grape seed extract, green coffee bean extract is twice as effective in absorbing oxygen free radicals.Unlike boiled coffee, green coffee bean extract contains no cafestol, which is a diterpene. Not only diterpene but its relative kahweol, cafestol increases concentrations of the 'bad' cholesterol, LDL, to levels that over a lifetime might increase the risk of coronary heart disease by as much as 20%. These diterpenes also had an effect on the levels of liver enzymes measured. When these are elevated it is an indicator of stress on the liver. These effects were found in simply drinking filter coffee, none of these effects on cholesterol levels or the liver took place. The coffee filter removed the offending diterpenes. On the other hand, levels of these diterpenes in instant coffee are low. There are many other benefits of coffee beans:
1. An increase in the effectiveness of pain killers, especially for migraine medications.
2. It assists the body in burning a higher proportion of lipids (fats) compared to carbohydrates.
3. It reduces the risk of diabetes.
4. People who are at high risk of developing liver disease due to drinking too much alcohol are found less likely to suffer liver damage if they drink more than two cups of coffee a day.
5. Another criticism which coffee faces is that it percolates calcium from the bones. This claim is overemphasized because such effects on health are found in children only. Adult can balance their calcium level by taking calcium in other supplements and protect it with sufficient diet.