- Potatoes:500g (boiled and diced)
- mixed vegetables: 150g (peas, carrot, corn, etc)
- shallots: 50g (sliced)
- flour: 3 tbsp(mixed in 150ml water)
- slat and white pepper powder:1 tsp (each)
1. Heat the butter and saute the shallots until light brown.
2. Grease a pie tin, or several small pie tins.
3. Rub butter into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Add enough water to make a pastry.
5. Divide pastry into two.
6. Roll out pastry to fit the pie dish.
7. Lay pastry in the dish and prick all over with a fork. Spoon the filling into it.
10. Brush pastry with milk. Cut a cross on the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape.
11. Bake pie for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Coffee Streusel Slices
1. Preheat oven to gas mark4.
2. Sift the two flours together.
3. Grease and line a lamington tin.
4. Press dough firmly into the prepared tin.Bake for 15 minutes.
- condensed milk: 1 can
- butter: 30g
- golden syrup: 2tbsp
- coffee powder: 3tsp(instant)
- walnuts or any other nuts: 200g(chopped)
1. Put all ingredients into a saucepan.
2. Cook over gentle heat, stirring all the while until the butter has melted and the fudge thickened.
3. Spread this topping over the baked pastry base.
- flour: 160g
- cinnamon: 2tsp
- brown sugar: 60g
- butter: 125g(cold)
1. Rub butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and knead to from a stiff dough.
3. Grate this dough evenly over the filling.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Cool slightly before slicing into squares or bars.
- self-raising flour: 300g
- butter: 180g
- vanilla essence: 1tsp
- caster sugar: 80g
- condensed milk: 3tbsp
- milk: 250ml
- brown coloring: 1tsp
3. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Add essence and brown coloring and beat well.
5. Fold in a little flour and milk alternately until both are used up.
6. Pour cake batter into prepared cake tin and smoothen top.
7. Bake for 50 minutes. Cool thoroughly before halving cake.
- flour: 150g
- caster sugar: 340g
- coconut milk: 7 1/2 cups (thick)
- vanilla essence: 1tsp
- bananas:7 (sliced)
- salt:1/4 tsp
3. Pour a little of the cooked mixture into a cake tin 2cm larger than the cake.
4. Place one half of the cut cake on it. pour some topping over it.
5. Place the other cake half on it and pour the remaining topping. Smoothen the top.
6. Leave the cake in the refrigerator for topping to set.